Hamilton Jewelers is an American fine jewelry, luxury timepiece and home decor company.
It is one of only 25 exclusive retail members internationally to be certified by the Responsible Jewellery Council, an international non-profit organization representing over 60 member companies across the gold and diamond supply chain. Hamilton has also been featured in numerous media outlets including The New York Times.
Specializing in fine jewelry of their own design and manufacture, Hamilton also offers the world’s premium designer brands in jewelry and luxury timepieces. The gift department features a selection of décor items including china, crystal and antique silver. A division dedicated to emblematic and insignia jewelry was acquired in 2010 and is now a part of Hamilton’s client offerings.
Hamilton Jewelers has membership and association with the industry’s most prestigious organizations including the Jewelers Vigilance Committee (Hank B. Siegel serving as President, 2001-2003), Gemological Institute of America (Hank B. Siegel serving on board since 2008), American Gem Society, Jewelers of America, Jeweler’s Security Alliance, Women’s Jewelry Association, The Responsible Jewellery Council, Luxury Marketing Council, Luxury Jewelers Resource Group, and American Watch Guild.
A brief history of Hamilton Jewelers
Founded in 1912 as Geo. Marks Inc., the company was purchased by Irving Siegel in 1927 and is currently a third-generation, family-owned business. In 1947, a fire from neighboring clothing store caused extensive damage to Hamilton’s original 122 South Broad Street location with company repairs and remodels lasting through 1950. Then, in 1957, the Hamilton store was destroyed in a fire, which devastated a main shopping area of Trenton, New Jersey.
Irving Siegel’s son, Martin, now Chairman, joined the business in 1955. Martin Siegel was followed by his son, Hank, 27 years later. The current President and CEO is Hank Siegel.
Currently, Hamilton has three locations with its flagship store located in Princeton, New Jersey, which opened in 1985. In 1973, Hamilton opened store opened in 1973 just three years before the Palm Beach, Florida location. In 1985, Hamilton opened their Princeton location in Lower Pyne, a building that once served as a dormitory for Princeton University, followed in 1988 by the Palm Beach Gardens location.
In 2003, Martin Siegel was recognized by the State of New Jersey and President William Clinton for philanthropic leadership while, in 2011, Hank Siegel was elected to the Executive Board for the Jewelers for Children charity organization.
Worth Avenue, Palm Beach
P.G.A. Boulevard, Palm Beach Gardens
Watch brands at Hamilton Jewelers
- A. Lange & Söhne
- Audemars Piguet
- Baume and Mercier
- Officine Panerai
- Patek Philippe
- Tag Heuer
- (not all brands are held in each store)
92 Nassau St.
Princeton, NJ 08542
215 Worth Ave.
Palm Beach, FL 33480
3101 P.G.A. Boulevard
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410